On a serious note.....

THOUGHT OF THE DAY!

Glad tidings to the strangers......

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hello blog....after so many months...


My last blog post was on July 18......been away from my blog since so long.....however its not like I've been too busy or so wrapped up in work.......no not at all........work has been slow but that's been a deliberate effort on my part to keep things slow rather than on full speed as I needed time off and plus I cannot work fulltime.....I need breaks.....to keep me in tuned with my inner creative self and keep myself grounded I take breaks from time to time as all my work fans know. I'd rather create one piece of jewelry or one Kolhapuri pair which I loveeee looking at rather than create bulk loads of things that do not make me happy or inspire me to do better......

Its Eid today.......the second day of Eid. I have never ever felt so close to Allah SWT on any of the Hajj seasons I have witnessed in my entire life as I have felt in this one. I have experienced my life and my own self taking a 180 degree turn in every sphere in the past 6 months. Yes the most prominent change thats comes across has been my closeness towards Deen and to Allah SWT and RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihe Wasallam.

I was glued to the television set this year watching the pilgrims perform Hajj and watching some of them cry during it......I never previously understood as in really understood with my heart that why people cry at times like these. Yes I knew that repenting makes you cry but to feel what they feel was difficult.

I know this blog has been about my work ever since it started but now where I stand nothing seems more important to me than this transition that I am going through. My horizons have shifted.....I can feel it that I no longer have that tunnel vision I had previously where what I felt was important......was so less and meaningless in real......

My talent to create accessories came from the One who has protected me, fed me, looked after me and been with me when no one else has. During the darkest of times when even work made me sad.......my Allah was with me. So how could I have a work blog and not have Him around anywhere......I am a no body......but He who is the Greatest........turned me into a tiny somebody by giving me the talent to make accessories......if 10 people know me today by name or through my brand......its has nothing to do with me and everything to do with Him.....

Sometimes in life you need to drop down into the pits of no where to find that even in this no where.....the one light that you can see and the one force that keeps you going is......Allah SWT.....

No comments:

Post a Comment