On a serious note.....

THOUGHT OF THE DAY!

Glad tidings to the strangers......

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Who am I? Welcome into my world.....


   I love colours. I personally feel that even the most miserable days suddenly transform if you splash colour into them. A day when nothing is going right, one look at a bright yellow flower makes the day worth it or atleast better. To me a bright coloured bag, shoes or bracelet would do the same aswell. So who am I? I'm a freelance designer. I make handmade jewelry and embellished accessories. I love doing this! 

 If a year ago from now I would have defined myself I would have been someone who was totally a nobody. Why? Just because. I didn't know what to do with my life. Didn't know who I was as an individual. Sure I did study textiles for the longest time but couldn't graduate. So in my eyes I was basically not so important. 

 Then one day out of sheer boredom I decided to make myself a pair of earrings by wrapping a plastic bangle with gold zari thread and embellishing it. I was in love! So I made another one. And another one. And then friends wanted some. Their friends wanted some. So today I create pieces that I absolutely love and adore. 

 This blog is dedicated to all the things which inspire me. And I hope somewhere they inspire you aswell. 

12 comments:

ReeBz said...

I want to see more of your work! m a great fan of art and i respect and appreciate it.. but would you please kindly tell me where do you live in Pakistan, so that if i can order..?

hera k said...

Hey. Thank you for visiting and commenting. If you want to see the complete collection of my older work or the newer ones that I create then I can email the pictures to you.

And I live in Karachi and I'm assuming you are in the same town as well so do drop an email.

hera k said...

P.S if you want to get in touch about any orders or pieces that you like then do inbox me your contact number. I shall get in touch with you asap. Thanks.

ReeBz said...

How can you assume that we are in the same towns, eH?I mean khi is a big city..!
yeah,you can drop me a mail containing fotos of your work here:
simplicity.my.charm@gmail.com

ReeBz said...

by the way just a question, why couldnot you graduate even after taking admission in textileS?

hera k said...

No I meant in the same city when I said town. You are in Karachi thats for sure now =D

I've dropped you an email of the pieces which are left with me. Apart from that there are many more which got sold out but if you want I can email you their pictures too so you can order something like them.

Oh I couldnt graduate because my family got worried that their workaholic/perfectionist kid would starve herself to death because I worked too much, ate little and basically fell ill. So instead I took an Advanced Diploma. InshAllah planning to do a few more courses in jewellry and accessory design in the coming months.

ReeBz said...

Hi i just checked your email. your work is really awesome and stunning.I m more interested in jewellery as shoes cane fit you until you buy them by checking and wearing :)

Erm i like long and thing ear jewellery,not the one in rounds cause i ahve got a round face and they simply dun suit at me =D so do you have any in long? If not, then dun be so much bothered about it :)

About help in abox-i havent been there, m just following them at faceebook, and their work impressed me.. so yeah i believe the, :)
chk here :
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=195359&id=85661566510&ref=mf
you can ask questions from them directly, and they need volunteers too, till 29th ramadan!

hera k said...

Oh yeah I do know what you mean by longer earrings. One of my cousins has the same problem with round earrings. Dont worry I'll send you more pictures InshAllah.

Yeah I passed by the venue of "Help in a box" and it seemed quite great. Hopefully I will go there. I am trying to collect more people to go with me since its kinda far from where I live. :)

ReeBz said...

I'll wait :)But how do you deliver the products? and what is payment methoD? i hope its not online :P

hera k said...

I wish it was online Reebs! Must have been so easy =P however no its usually in person. So people come over to my place and check out the collections and buy whatever they want. =)

ReeBz said...

oH online is much easy if the other person has credit cards and accounts :D sO i wished that it shouldnot be onlinE :D
AnyhoWs where is your placE? it would be nice to see all your items in one go, cs for me choosing anything in less variety is almost impossiblE :D
but yR work is great no douBT!

hera k said...

Hey Reebz. I got your email. I will mail you a few pictures of something in green tomorrow InshAllah. And also the details about where I live. Its alot better to choose in person when you can pick up and see what you're buying =)

Post a Comment